Thread: Frustration

Articles
    Excel Version
    2010 on Xubuntu

Frustration

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I know it happens on forums, but why is it that most of the time when I provide an answer ( which I think is correct) to help someone, and someone else gives about the same answer in the following post ( after a long interval), the OP doesn't even acknowledge my answer?

I can't get used to the lack of respect

It's so frustrating I wonder why I'm investing my time.
    I think I'll leave forums be for a couple of months to cool off and invest efforts in more rewarding occupations
    Thank you Ken for this secure forum.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Office 365 Subscription
    It happens everywhere. I had one today (not here) where I was the first of three to provide a working solution, and the other two got the thanks. You don't have to take it personally, I guess. It's far worse when no thanks are offered at all and the OP simply vanishes once they have got what they want.
    Last edited by AliGW; 2017-02-14 at 11:37 PM.
    Ali
    Enthusiastic self-taught user of MS Excel!

Articles
    Excel Version
    I agree with you.
    For me, the thing that frustrate me the most is when a person doesn't even say thank you when we help her/him

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2010 64bit
    @ Pecoflyer

Perhaps your signature sends a (subliminal) message causing people to shun you.

Why I don't trust Microsoft is probably not the best thing to highlight in red and put in front of people seeking assistance with their Microsoft product.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Excel Version
    Excel Office 365 Insider
    Happens to me too, and I try not to take it personally. I just think of the number of people who will read it later and recognize my answer and miss the next one because they got what they need.
    Ken Puls, FCPA, FCMA, MS MVP

Learn to Master Your Data at the Power Query Academy (the world's most comprehensive online Power Query training), with my book M is for Data Monkey, or our new Power Query Recipe cards!

Main Site: http://www.excelguru.ca -||- Blog: http://www.excelguru.ca/blog -||- Forums: http://www.excelguru.ca/forums
    Check out the Excelguru Facebook Fan Page -||- Follow Me on Twitter

If you've been given VBA code (a macro) for your solution, but don't know where to put it, CLICK HERE.

Articles
    Excel Version
    I think its even worse when you remind the OP that you have provided an answer later in the thread and they still ignore you. Out of frustration today, I actually told an OP it was rude and they had earned a place on my ignore list.