Frustration

Pecoflyer

Admin Alumnus
Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
2010 on Xubuntu - O365
I know it happens on forums, but why is it that most of the time when I provide an answer ( which I think is correct) to help someone, and someone else gives about the same answer in the following post ( after a long interval), the OP doesn't even acknowledge my answer?

I can't get used to the lack of respect

It's so frustrating I wonder why I'm investing my time.
I think I'll leave forums be for a couple of months to cool off and invest efforts in more rewarding occupations :frusty:

It happens everywhere. I had one today (not here) where I was the first of three to provide a working solution, and the other two got the thanks. You don't have to take it personally, I guess. It's far worse when no thanks are offered at all and the OP simply vanishes once they have got what they want.

Last edited:
I agree with you.
For me, the thing that frustrate me the most is when a person doesn't even say thank you when we help her/him :mad2:

@ Pecoflyer

Perhaps your signature sends a (subliminal) message causing people to shun you.

Why I don't trust Microsoft is probably not the best thing to highlight in red and put in front of people seeking assistance with their Microsoft product.

Happens to me too, and I try not to take it personally. I just think of the number of people who will read it later and recognize my answer and miss the next one because they got what they need. :)

I think its even worse when you remind the OP that you have provided an answer later in the thread and they still ignore you. Out of frustration today, I actually told an OP it was rude and they had earned a place on my ignore list.

Back