Help Please

Northwood

Reaction score
I have 10 staff and need to organise a spreadsheet showing their leave entitlement.

Everyone's leave starts on 1 Jan, is there a formula I can use so that it automatically adds accrued leave at the rate of 1.8 days on the first of every month

EG: On 1st Jan it should show 1.8 days then on 1st Feb it automatically changes to 3.6 then on 1 Mar it should change again to 5.4 etc, etc

Thank you

Without seeing the layout it's difficult to give an exact answer.
But you could try something like =MONTH(TODAY())*1.8

I'll give it a go.
This is a really basic spreadsheet with names in First column. Second column is Accrued leave. I'd like to make each person's accrued cell update automatically by 1.8 days on first of every month in case I forget to do it manually.
I know this is trivial compared to the other stuff on the forum but all help Will be gratefully received.
Thank you

All help gratefully received.

I'd like column B to go up by 1.8 days on 1st of every month automatically

Thank you

Attachments

• Holiday.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 13
Have you tried my suggestion? It will of course work only if everybody begins in January.
Otherwise you will have to add a column with the date they started.
If so, you must determine if someone beginning between the 1st and the last day of the month also gets 1.8 days..

I've tried it. Not sure it's working correctly. Everyone's accrued leave starts on 1 Jan regardless of when they started because they are existing staff, I know I'll need to play about with it when we have someone join the company in April but wanted to get it correct for existing staff first.

I don't read "formula" so, does your suggestion mean it adds 1.8 days on the first of every month?

Let's see :
TODAY() returns today's date
MONTH(Today()) will return a number from 1 to 12
So, in say, January, MONTH.. will always return 1
1*1.8 = 1.8
Starting February, MONTH... returns 2, and the formula 2*1.8=3.6,etc...
If you enter the formula for your employees today it should return 3.6 for everybody

Pecoflyer. Thank you so much. Will give it a go. Northwood

Back