Simple feedback survey

jacobtherabbit

Reaction score
Hi,
My query may seem fairly simple but, as I have not used excel in any depth since my GCSE's, I'm quite out of practice. I'll describe what I want to achieve, if someone could tell me the most efficient way to do so that woulds be fantastic.

A training company receives feedback forms after they run educational courses, from the students. These feedback sheets simply ask for the participant's rating (Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent) in five specific areas relating to the training program.
I have been asked to create a simple excel system where you can input the rating each pupil gave to each category, and then display, in the form of a graph/bar chart, the distribution of each rating (Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent) each of the five areas receives.
The training company regularly runs courses so I need to be able to add data from more feedback forms on a regular basis, that would be included in the graph/bar chart.

In case my explanation skills are as poor as my excel skills, here's an idea of what I want:

QUESTIONS(RATINGS)
Q14342ETC...
Q23244ETC...
Q34421ETC...
Q42341ETC...
Q54313ETC...

(1-4 corresponds with poor-excellent)

I then want a graph/bar chart to figure out how much of the time each individual question receives a '4' rating, a '3' rating, and so on... and then present that data.

If someone can make sense of my situation and give me a pointer or two that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

Not sure I understand... Why do you have 3 scores for Q4 when there are only 2 ratings?
Also... Do you want to graph the results for the questions separately or grouped together ?

I think its likely that the FREQUENCY function could be applied to your data to work out how many times the scores from 1 to 4 occur, either for each question, or for all of the questions together.
If you could post a sample workbook with a dataset to work with, then Im sure I or one of the other members would be able to demo it for you.

Ah, sorry for any confusion, the table was only supposed to have two sets of feedback, simply as an example. In reality there would be far more sets of feedback than just two.
Ideally I'd like to graph the results together, however if that proves to be complicated I'll settle for separately.

Back