Using a list of codes to return specific values in a spreadsheet

aylaberry

Reaction score
Hello :)

I have a quote template with a separate sheet that contains a list of codes for different items with corresponding markup values. I want to use a drop down menu in the main quote template to select a code - this part I have figured out - and then I want to add a formula in the "markup" column that automatically fills in the corresponding markup value from the variance sheet. Vlookup was suggested, but I can't see how it will work for this application. I researched the index match formula and I thought this was the answer, but it also seems like it is just not quite the correct thing?
I understand the basics of excel, but I am far from an expert so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a basic example of the spreadsheet and highlighted the columns that need to be automatically filled in based on the code reference in orange. I hope this helps.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• QUOTE TEMPLATE.xlsx
    55.4 KB · Views: 13
I want to add a formula in the "markup" column that automatically fills in the corresponding markup value from the variance sheet. Vlookup was suggested, but I can't see how it will work for this application.
In H14 cell try formula below (copy down)
with named range
Code:
=VLOOKUP(B14;dataVar;4;FALSE)
or
without named range
Code:
=VLOOKUP(B14;Var!A2:D13;4;FALSE)

Attachments

• aylaberry-navic7166.xlsx
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
you are welcome

Back