Allow only Copy cells and no other command.

vishal

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want the user of the spreadsheet to use only copy command on worksheet and no other command can be run. Please help how this can be done.

Thanks
Vishal

You want to protect the worksheet, but allow the user to select both locked and unlocked cells. At that point the user won't be able to edit anything, but they can still select the cells and copy them.

In Excel 2003 and earlier, if I recall correctly, the command its under Tools-->Protection-->Protect Sheet
In Excel 2007 and higher it is under Review-->Protect Sheet

You want to protect the worksheet, but allow the user to select both locked and unlocked cells. At that point the user won't be able to edit anything, but they can still select the cells and copy them.

In Excel 2003 and earlier, if I recall correctly, the command its under Tools-->Protection-->Protect Sheet
In Excel 2007 and higher it is under Review-->Protect Sheet

Dear Ken

Thanks for the Reply, In My previous query i want to add one more condition. I want the user to use Copy command with Spin Control (Form Control)button .

Thanks in advance
Vishal

Attachments

• Example.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 18
Hmm... so you don't want the user to be able to change the value in C1 manually though, correct? You ONLY want them to be able to index that value up/down by using your spin button?

Hi Vishal,

This issue with the Form control spin button is that the cell it is changing needs to be unprotected. I've re-worked your example with an ActiveX spin button. This workbook does use macros, and will fire every time the workbook is opened to protect all the worksheets in the workbook, but allow macros to make changes to the sheets.

You will want to update the password in the "ThisWorkbook" code to something you'd want to use.

Attachments

• Example.xls
    46.5 KB · Views: 17
Back