Articles
    Blog Entries
    Excel Version
    Excel Office 365 Insider

Article: Easy Outlook Email Integration

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Ken Puls, FCPA, FCMA, MS MVP (Excel)

Learn to Master Your Data at the Power Query Academy (the world's most comprehensive online Power Query training) or with my book M is for Data Monkey!

Main Site: http://www.excelguru.ca -||- Blog: http://www.excelguru.ca/blog -||- Forums: http://www.excelguru.ca/forums
    Check out the Excelguru Facebook Fan Page -||- Follow Me on Twitter

If you've been given VBA code (a macro) for your solution, but don't know where to put it, CLICK HERE.

Ken,
    This exactly what I have been looking for and it works great!! If you ever decide to work on this some more there are a couple of things that would be helpful:

Get addresses, etc. from specific tab in the workbook
    Open up the address lookup so we could navigate to the contact list

Do you know of any customer who's ever satisfied? Doesn't it always go like "That is great but ..." so I completely understand if you accept the kudos and ignore the request.

Thanks again,

Stu

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Excel Version
    Excel Office 365 Insider
    Hey Stu,

Honestly, the purpose of this code was to keep the coding task very simple.

I did just create a solution for a poster based on this though, where we pulled the emails out of a table (you can find that here if you're interested.)

Ken,
    Maybe it's just me but I couldn't get an HTML signature without an image to get included at the bottom of the email. I modified your code in the CreateMessage procedure as follows and then it worked:

Code:
            'Add body
            If Len(sSignatureTextPath) > 0 Then
                'Body and plain text signature
                .Body = sBody & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & SignatureText(sSignatureTextPath)

ElseIf Len(sSignatureHTMLPath) > 0 Then
                'Convert body to HTML and append signature
                '.HTMLBody = ConvertTextToHTML(sBody) & "<br><br>" & sTemp
                .HTMLBody = ConvertTextToHTML(sBody) & "<br><br>" & SignatureText(sSignatureHTMLPath)
            Else
                'Body with no signature
                .Body = sBody
            End If
    I did try one signature that had an image and got the "no images allowed" error message. I then changed the signature to my "reply" signature which has all the same text and formatting, but no company logo. When it wouldn't insert into the email (and there was no error) I started debugging the process and determined sTemp had no value. After modifying it to use SignatureText, it worked.

Thanks for the code! I've got a couple of users who are loving the functionality to automate sending tens (if not hundreds) of emails each week. I've got a loop that reads info from rows of data in the spreadsheet and sends an email with a specific attachment for each row with data. The process used to be manual and take 4-8 hrs per week. Now it only takes an hour at most. My last modification will be to let the user decide which signature to use based on the outgoing emails -- some are sent under different program group names so the signature needs to be changed.

Kudos!

Diana