Formula Protection

kepler19

Reaction score
Hello here friends,

I need your support. I have Excel file with formulas. I want to protect each cells where formula is inserted from changes or to prevent other to delete it. Protect sheet is useless.

Is any formulas or some tricks? please help me.

Thanks in advanced.

In what way is protect sheet useless? If you have set the cells containing the formulae to locked and optionally hidden, they cannot be tampered with or deleted.

In what way is protect sheet useless? If you have set the cells containing the formulae to locked and optionally hidden, they cannot be tampered with or deleted.

Thanks for replay. there is also cells where is no formulas and need them to make changes. there are people who have to work on that file and all time unprotection each cells is not comfortable.

As I have told you elsewhere, you must set the protection setting for those cells as unlocked.

By the way, forum etiquette here and on the other forum where you have posted demands that you provide a link to other places where you have asked the same question.

I have posted that question to another forum, Excelforums, but that forum loads very slow in my PC i do not know why.

I appreciate them quick answers.

You're welcome! Yes, the other place is very slow this morning. You still need to post a LINK to it, though. :)

Has what I have said helped you to resolve your query?

You're welcome! Yes, the other place is very slow this morning. You still need to post a LINK to it, though. :)

Has what I have said helped you to resolve your query?

am trying to post that LINK but unable yet. 404 error page.

Do not think that i am time waster, i am not it. I appreciate your quick answers and believe that all of you are to help each others. Thanks.
I

I do not think that you are trying to waste anybody's time. Cross-posting is not forbidden: you just need to remember to provide links, that's all. :)

Have you understood my instructions to make your cells editable?

I do not think that you are trying to waste anybody's time. Cross-posting is not forbidden: you just need to remember to provide links, that's all. :)

Have you understood my instructions to make your cells editable?

I understand. i provided LINK as you told. :)

So at first i have to select that cells where i want to happen changes right?

Thanks friend for your supports. You helped me. I understand about that cross-posting and did as was advised to me. :)

Back