Creating multiple workbooks where specific data can be pulled and edited across all

pfunk77

Reaction score
I am working on building a series of training manuals for work and I was hoping someone could help me design it the best way. The current training manuals are all separate Word documents for specific account types. Each manual contains a series of questions/data for that specific account type, however, many questions overlap over many account types. What I want to do is transfer all of these manuals to an Excel document where each tab is a different account type and have one master list for the questions/data so when I update a question, it knows which account types that question applies to and updates all applicable accordindly. So for instance, I want to build something like this

Manual A
-Questions 1-5, 8, 12, 15
Manual B
-Questions 6-7, 12, 18-23
Manual C
-Questions 1-4, 9, 11-13, 21-28
Manual D
-Questions 9, 14, 20, 29
Manual E
-Questions 1-20

What I want to do is make each worksheet/tab on excel a different account manual (aka Manual A-E in my example). However, these questions (1-29) need to be updated very frequently. Everytime there is a change, I don’t want to have to determine which questions are applicable to which account types and then have to manually change it on every manual. So Question 1 is applicable to Manual A, C and E. Question 11 is only on C and E. Question 20 is on B, D and E, etc.

What I think would make most sense is to have a master list of the questions 1-29 where I can update any changes that need to be made, and be able to build the manuals in a way where they are pulling from that master list. I hope that makes sense and hoping someone can please help.

Back