Change PDFCreator's ghostscriptversion with VBA

Melchisedek

Reaction score
Hi,

I've installed two versions of Ghostscript (9.00 & 9.04) with my PDFCreator (ver. 1.2.0 ). Can I change/select the ghostscript-version with VBA, when creating a PDF?

I don't believe so. I would have thought that 9.04 would actually overwrite 9.00 on the install to be honest...

Is there a reason why you'd want to change the ghostscript version at run time?

I've to produce multiple PDF for a customer and it seems, that PDF´s could not be opened. The PDF´s, that caused problems were those, produced with 9.04 Ghostscript.
I can´t uninstall the 9.04 because of missing admin-rights. I've now a "workaround".
If PDF creator starts to create PDF´s, it uses one of the two installed ghostscript versions for all created PDFs and did not change this. The used version I can query. If it doesn´t match 9.00 the procedure ends with a message. The user can manually change the version and restart. The change of the version seems to be saved within the userprofile of windows.

Cool, glad you got it sorted.

Interesting that the Ghostscript versions can co-exist, and also that they produce different results. I wouldn't have expected either. :)

Back