Advanced If Code

thedeadzeds

Reaction score
Excel Version(s)
Hi All,

Just wondering if this is possible. I have a spreadsheet, attached which I would like to do the following with.

If the customer concern column in ‘Step 2 sheet’ shows ‘alleged’ or ‘found’

Then

1 - In the ‘Defend Ltr sheet’, automatically populate the ‘Complaint Point column C10 to C39’ with the relevant text in the ‘Statement’ column in the ‘step 2’ TAB. For example, C10 in the Defend Ltr tab would equal C6 from the Step 2 tab.

2 - In the ‘Defend Ltr sheet’, automatically populate the ‘Category column o10 to o39’ with the relevant text in the ‘Category’ column in the ‘step 2’ TAB. For example, o10 in the Defend Ltr tab would equal b6 from the Step 2 tab.

So I would envisage the ‘Defend Ltr tab’ looking like this the completed information in the Defend Ltr tab:

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Craig.

Attachments

• New Matrix Test v2.xls
    41 KB · Views: 18
Hi Craig...

I am not sure, if I had correctly understood the requirements, but if you want to get the values from one sheet to another sheet, you can try...

Formula in C10 of Defend Ltr ='Step 2'!C6
Formula in O10 of Defend Ltr ='Step 2'!B6

Then autofill until row 39.

Best Regards :)

Thanks for this but this is only linked to the sheet. I need it to feed through based on if column d in the step 2 tab shows alledged or found

Solution

Hi, I have uploaded the solution for you in the same file

You could simply use the following formula in Cell o10

=IF(OR('Step 2'!D6="Alleged",'Step 2'!D6="Found"),'Step 2'!B6,"")

This implies that IF D6 is either contains "Alleged" or "Found" text, Then it returns the value in B6 in Step 2

I Guess this is what you were requesting for

Kindly let me know if there is any other change you want to be done on this

Sorry for that Ken, actually I tried uploading the modified file initially, but couldnt due to the Security of the pc that i work on, so only the text got uploaded

That sounds kind of weird... I haven't heard of PC security preventing an upload. To be fair, I suppose a corporate firewall could prevent it, depending on which protocols they blocked, but I haven't received a complaint about it yet...

corporate firewall is more like it, we have problems with uploading attachments on our personal (YAhoo!) mails also, so thats y........apologies once again, will keep this in mind

Back