Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to stop running the formula in a particular cell
For eg:
Date Column B
31-08-2016 1000
30-09-2016

Value in column B changes every day.
I would like to run the formula only if today()<=31-08-2016 otherwise save previous day value.
TIA

Your post does not comply with Rule 8 of our Forum RULES. Do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.

Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere. We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you MUST provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.

Expect cross-posted questions without a link to be closed and a message will be posted by the moderator explaining why. We are here to help so help us to help you!

Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (not just this site).

(add the link(s) without the http:// part if you are not yet authorized to post links)

IN CELL B1
==IF(TODAY()<=C1,YOURFORMULA,"")

IN C1 = Your date (31/08/2016)

IN CELL B1
==IF(TODAY()<=C1,YOURFORMULA,"")

IN C1 = Your date (31/08/2016)
Thank you for you reply.
I want to stop running the formula by the end of every month.
For eg: value on 31-08-2016 will remain there in column B on coming days also (formula wont work after 31-08-2016)

Please upload a excel file with your expected result.

Please find the attachment

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 9
@deep123

Please post links to ALL your cross posts first. Your last post has been "soft deleted" but will be undeleted once the links are added. Thank you

attachment

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well, now that you have 5 posts you should be able to post a link normally.

Is there a way to stop running the formula in a particular cell
For eg:
Date Column B
31-08-2016 1000
30-09-2016
For me, something here is not clear.
Can you write more of the expected data (on Sheet2 and sheet1). for example, write your the expected results in the month of August, however, following the example of the September month and so on. The formula to Sheet2 is not me just to clear.
So write your many possible variants and expected situation for the next few months (on a different worksheet).

navic, here's the file the OP posted at EF

View attachment Work sheet.xlsx

My take on this is that the OP is asking for a formula with a Circular Reference.
...If the end of month date has not been exceeded... run the formula
...If the end of month date has been exceeded... keep the value already in the cell

Would I be on the right track thinking you will use Sumif ?

Please find the attached updated file

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 10
thanks @NoS
If the OP asked a question on another forum, then let him put a link here.

@deep123
If I understood you well, you can try

On Sheet2 add "helper" column for Number of Month
On Sheet1 there is two formulas (1st and 2nd copy down)
See attached file

Attachments

• deep123-navic1.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for the reply.
But in this file also the value changes after end of august. I want to stop running the formula at the end of every month

Last edited by a moderator:
Back