Using Index and Counta, but ignore 0 values

xl22

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm working with a spreadsheet that someone else developed, where the idea is to enter data into columns every day, and have the updated values (and values from calcs based on them) show in a specific set of cells that update every day.

Because the spreadsheet was made from an example sheet that is already fully populated, I am running into issues because a lot of cells in the range refereed to are currently 0. The modifications I want to make are to functions which include

Index, counta
offset, index, counta (example: what is the most recent date that data has been entered)
index, match

I've tried changing the counta to countif and include <>0 but no luck with that.

Suggestions?! Would a VLOOKUP be more appropriate?

Thanks!

I don't think anyone will be able to come up with anything helpful based on s list of functions and no data to show how you're trying to use them. Those functions can be applied to many different types of problem, and used in many different ways.
If on the other hand you can upload some sample data showing us how you are using the functions and what you're expected results are, we will be in a better position to help you.

thx

You would need to change the cell values from 0. Or include a if(range=0,"",<your formula here>)

@kaladin Your answer is as obscure as the question, and, AFAIK IF does not accept a range as argument in that way

IF does not accept a range as argument in that way
Unless "range" was a Name allocated to a single cell ? :)

Kaladin has not responded to my request for more detail, so I suggest that we address this if/when we get it.

Back