Question

dtp81390

Reaction score
OK so I am on a number of forums for other software programs like Autodesk Revit and other architecture software. On these forums there is never any comments about cross posting questions. I was told that I was banned and my question is unanswered because I cross posted a slightly different question.

On my other forums I post in all of them this is the quickest way to ensure that my question gets answered and in a timely fashion.

I only post in multiple excel forums to speed up the answering process. In the past I have provided links when cross posting and no one ever answered my question or contributed to the answer from anywhere outside the original post location so it is like what is the point in posting links when no one responds to the question anyway.

In most cases it is faster to answer my question than to determine if it has been cross posted. I think this is bull and want other peoples opinions because this is not what I am familiar with.

When I am writing my post I am not thinking hey I need to copy links of all of the places I have been.

Here is my example:

Takes 5 to 10 minutes to write a post in Forum 1
Go to Forum 2 and copy and paste the post from Forum 1
Paste link to Forum 1
After Posting in Forum 2 copy link and go back to Forum 1 and edit post to paste link to Forum 2
etc. for subsequent forum posts

A 5 to 10 minute post turns into 30 min to 1 hr long post depending on how many forums, and doing this on a phone and not a computer takes longer.

It seems like a long difficult process that is unnecessary.

Please read http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184 (once or twice to understand what cross posting without links implies as time loss for answering members who work for FREE on their spare time ( mostly)))

FREE forums have rules which you agree with when signing up (and you will find most forums have a policy about cross-posting without links). It is your absolute right not to agree with these rules . In that case, however, refrain from posting on forums where you do not like the rules.

Here's my analogy of why.
If you list a house for sale with a single real estate agency, you can expect them to try to sell that house as quick as possible so they get the commission quickly
If you multilist the same property with a multilist real estate agency, you can expect them to not make much effort to sell because another salesperson might sell it before you as a salesperson gets your buyer through & you've wasted all that effort.
So if you multi post & provide links you won't get much attention & if you multi post without links, you get plenty of the wrong attention.
If you want help quickly the best way is to ask the question in a way people can understand & provide a replica workbook but with dummy data.

Back