How to Propagate one worksheet with multiple pieces of data from another worksheet

congo3

Reaction score
I am an Excel Guru Wanabe. I am thrilled to have found this site.

I love Excel although I do not have any particular need to use it regularly, but when I do I want to create something. For the following task I cannot use Access.

This time I am creating a form that requires NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE.

I have a worksheet with all of the necessary data. Each piece is within its own cell.

I like the idea of a Drop Down where I select the NAME and all of the other data follows.

I understand how to create a Drop Down and achieve single cell input, but that's where it ends.

Can anyone guide me to sucess?

Congo3

Sure thing...

What is the range that the Name,Address,Phone data is in? (Worksheet and full range). Are those the actual headers?

Also, did you create the drop down using data validation?

If you can, please attach a copy of your workbook, as this can make it a lot easier to see where you're at so we can give the best advice going forward.

Cheers,

Thank You! I have another question

Thank you. I actually was able to solve my issue using the CONCATENATE function.

The headers are NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE and I had already created a drop down using data validation.

I do have another question though.

Can I, after using concatenate, have portions of the data appear in one cell and the remainder appear in another?

Ultimately I am trying to select the NAME from a drop down; have it appear in one cell then ... have the ADDRESS and PHONE automatically appear in a cell below the name.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Congo3 Your help is much appreciated

You can do all kinds of things using LEFT, RIGHT and MID to split up text, and you can use & instead of CONCATENATE.

Again, it would be nice to see your spreadsheet, but from the sounds of it, I'd use the dropdown to select the name, and a VLOOKUP to return the info in the other cells.

Back