Outlook 2010 Out of Office

MOTB

Reaction score
I'm looking for some clarification regarding what happens when you set the O O O messages up. Firstly, if you tick the box to send to those outside your organisation but do not set up a message for them and set a messsage only for those inside your organisation what happens? Do those outside of your organisation see the same message as those inside ?

Any info gatefully received.

Cheers, Mike

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

I'd be VERY surprised to hear that would happen...

In the case you describe, I think those outside would get a blank reply (if Outlook didn't elect not to send it due to lack of content). And if you didn't tick the box for internal, I wouldn't think it would send to anyone at all.

Surest way to test it though, is to... err... test it. Set it up the way you describe and send yourself an email from a gmail account, and get a buddy at work to test from the internal server. You'll have your answer for certain then.

Thanks Ken,

I don't have exchange server on my home PC and I don't work for a Company so its kind of difficult to test it, hence the question. Thanks for the answer though, always nice to have my thoughts confirmed or otherwise.

Cheers, Mike

Fair enough, Mike.

For reference, I set an auto-reply to only those inside my organization and unchecked the external box. Those outside got no notification, so I'd say it pretty much works as expected. :)

Thanks for taking time out to sort this out for me Ken.

Cheers, Mike

Back