Sorting through and rounding data

As I have little knowledge of your objectives in terms of functionality of the data, I do not feel comfortable criticising your efforts, or feel able to suggest alternatives.
If there is something thats not doing what you want, I will try to resolve that if you will explain the requirement.
By the way I did suggest the alternative of using percentages in Cusdata, and I noticed you haven't adopted that. Was it unsuitable for some reason?

I was hoping to use you previous suggestion "customer database show the recipe mixture for (e.g.) 1 kilo (all customers)?
You can then introduce a multiplier to calculate the total component volumes for any batch size (on the workings sheet)." So , that is what I was shooting for in my working sheet.

In your original attachment you said that weights < = 1.5 lbs should give you grams so on that basis 553.38 grams would be correct as its only 1.22 lbs. Was this wrong, or have you changed the rules?
If your wanting to report in mixed grams and lbs this might need a different solution along the lines in my attachment, as otherwise using text gets cumbersome as you get more complex
....... Ok sorry you are right, don't know why I was thinking 1 lbs. sorry

As I have little knowledge of your objectives in terms of functionality of the data, I do not feel comfortable criticising your efforts, or feel able to suggest alternatives.
If there is something thats not doing what you want, I will try to resolve that if you will explain the requirement.
By the way I did suggest the alternative of using percentages in Cusdata, and I noticed you haven't adopted that. Was it unsuitable for some reason?

yes, so I was trying not to over complicate the sheet and use absolute #'s, since they are already in the custdata as crude data. It would be nice just to say what the new batch size is and leave the custdata sheet alone.

will take a look at your attachment tonight.

Thx for all your help

In your original attachment you said that weights < = 1.5 lbs should give you grams so on that basis 553.38 grams would be correct as its only 1.22 lbs. Was this wrong, or have you changed the rules?
If your wanting to report in mixed grams and lbs this might need a different solution along the lines in my attachment, as otherwise using text gets cumbersome as you get more complex

I was hoping to use you previous suggestion "customer database show the recipe mixture for (e.g.) 1 kilo (all customers)?
You can then introduce a multiplier to calculate the total component volumes for any batch size (on the workings sheet)." So , that is what I was shooting for in my working sheet.

You can then introduce a multiplier to calculate the total component volumes for any batch size (on the workings sheet)."

The above is basically the "percentage" idea, which you may see as less complicated when you see it in action. It also cuts out some duplication between the two sheets.
Have a look at this example (see attachment) and by all means discard if it doesn't work for you.

Attachments

• Book1-3.xlsx
    28.2 KB · Views: 21
The above is basically the "percentage" idea, which you may see as less complicated when you see it in action. It also cuts out some duplication between the two sheets.
Have a look at this example (see attachment) and by all means discard if it doesn't work for you.

Hercules,

One question if you are still reading this thread........ When it gives me 22.5 lbs, Can we make it say 22lbs and 226.79 gms (Assuming 1lbs = 453.59 gms).. So, basically braking up the "lbs" quanity into even # of lbs and rest in grams.

So I was thinking in our "CONV FACTOR" formula we could add another argument for further breaking up the lbs (ONLY) into LBS & GMS

Thx

We could add another argument for further breaking up the lbs (ONLY) into LBS & GMS

Thx

Is there some reason why you need to work with a mixture of imperial and metric in the way you're doing ? I haven't seen it before. Why can't you work with kilos and grams, or lbs and ozs?
Also Im not sure what your own latest spreadsheet looks like, so perhaps you could incorporate your idea, and what you would do about the other affected calculations and data (eg) UOM?

Is there some reason why you need to work with a mixture of imperial and metric in the way you're doing ? I haven't seen it before. Why can't you work with kilos and grams, or lbs and ozs?
Also Im not sure what your own latest spreadsheet looks like, so perhaps you could incorporate your idea, and what you would do about the other affected calculations and data (eg) UOM?

So I am looking to repeat my formulas and I thought it would be nice to have lbs in whole and then gms....... This way 22 lbs plus xx number of grams

My current scales are in lbs and grams. So why buy a new scale :)

my latest spreadsheet is what you posted last. I am looking to repeat my formulas and I thought it would be nice to have lbs in whole & the decimal in grams from an accuracy point.

So so I was thinking the formula where we have conv factor, maybe expand on that formula? Or are you thinking about a new formula in a new column?

thx

I thought it would be nice to have lbs in whole & the decimal in grams from an accuracy point.

As columns P to S already split out Lbs and Grams, I thought that the easiest solution was to slightly change the calculations in Cols R and S. Col R gives you the number of whole lbs, and S the fraction of 1 lb as grams.
Can we perhaps now mark this thread as solved, and if there is anything further, start a new one?

Attachments

• Book1-4.xlsx
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
As columns P to S already split out Lbs and Grams, I thought that the easiest solution was to slightly change the calculations in Cols R and S. Col R gives you the number of whole lbs, and S the fraction of 1 lb as grams.
Can we perhaps now mark this thread as solved, and if there is anything further, start a new one?

Thank you so much.

Yes i I think it's time to close this :), now let me figure out how to

@ Omer

Hi

please don't quote entire posts unnecessarily. They are just clutter and make the thread hard to read. Thx

Back