Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Sorting through and rounding data

  1. #1

    Sorting through and rounding data



    Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

    Hi,

    Please see spreadsheet. I am trying to round data and sot some fields........I have formulas but could use help with tweaking it.

    THX
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Any help?

    Thx

  3. #3
    Magician Hercules1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    794
    Articles
    0
    Excel Version
    2010
    You are quite close with getting the detail you need, once you have the "recipe list" (in cols A-C) for the customer of interest. Achieving your 3 objectives is going to be challenging unless you can compromise on the way your data is arranged. I would suggest that you set up a separate dataset for all your customer data showing all their recipe items. This can be in the same sheet as your doing your calculations, or a different one. The headers for this table might be:

    Customer ID, Ingredient Name, Qty (lbs), Conv Factor, Conv Qty, lbs/grms ?

    Each of these would be a separate column and all of the customer data would be listed, preferrably without blank lines. The details for a given customer ID would be "called" into your work area (A,B,C) from the table, using (eg) an array INDEX formula and the calculations you have defined would proceed from there. You will need to decide when and how you save the data, as the (A,B,C) work area would be overwritten by the next Customer ID entered.
    As your wanting to format lbs and grams differently, I would suggest using two separate columns (to the right).

    Hope those ideas may help get you started
    Last edited by Hercules1946; 2016-04-30 at 09:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Thx buddy. I am willing to re arrange data. Can your do a spreadsheet with your suggestion?

    I would appreciate it

  5. #5
    Magician Hercules1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    794
    Articles
    0
    Excel Version
    2010
    Im happy to help further, as long as you have defined the problem fully. Thats because I think I can provide a solution in a relatively short time. If however it becomes "the thin end of a wedge", I may have to leave it with you.
    Give me a little time, and I will work on your attachment aiming to deliver your three objectives.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules1946 View Post
    Im happy to help further, as long as you have defined the problem fully. Thats because I think I can provide a solution in a relatively short time. If however it becomes "the thin end of a wedge", I may have to leave it with you.
    Give me a little time, and I will work on your attachment aiming to deliver your three objectives.
    Thx i appreciate it!!

  7. #7
    Magician Hercules1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    794
    Articles
    0
    Excel Version
    2010
    Take a look at the attachment. For the moment, just play with this data to see how it works, and then set up your CusData and Workings on this model. To demo, you just need to select one of the Customer IDs from the drop down list in C1. Let me know what you think. When you have your data organised, I can then take you through how to import the formulae onto it.
    If there is anything you want to change, please explain clearly, as it might mean modifying the formulae. Ive gone with the option of having a separate sheet for the Customer database, but if you like it could all be on the one sheet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules1946 View Post
    Take a look at the attachment. For the moment, just play with this data to see how it works, and then set up your CusData and Workings on this model. To demo, you just need to select one of the Customer IDs from the drop down list in C1. Let me know what you think. When you have your data organised, I can then take you through how to import the formulae onto it.
    If there is anything you want to change, please explain clearly, as it might mean modifying the formulae. Ive gone with the option of having a separate sheet for the Customer database, but if you like it could all be on the one sheet.
    Will take a look and give you feedback in a few days.

  9. #9
    Ok everything is working great.....thanks

    on cell J2 on worksheet "workings" can we limit it to 2 decimal places for grams?

    thx again

  10. #10
    Magician Hercules1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    794
    Articles
    0
    Excel Version
    2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer1234 View Post

    on cell J2 on worksheet "workings" can we limit it to 2 decimal places for grams?
    On this amended attachment, the formula in Col J caters for grams to two decimals and Lbs to one decimal. Mine starts in J4 as previous. If you need it to start in J2, then copy up from J4 to J2:J3.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •