Split Power Queries

happy1001

Reaction score
This issue is related to the Excellent Blog Post by Ken Puls -

excelguru.ca/blog/2015/09/16/split-power-queries/

I am using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 x64, but I do not see the "EXTRACT PREVIOUS" Step within the Power Query. Do I need to ENABLE it from somewhere, or if I am missing something here.

Someone please let me know, how can I enable this step in my Power Query.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Regards

Hey Happy,

This may just be that you're running an older update of Excel 2016. The features are currently getting delivered to Power BI Desktop first, Excel 2010/2013 second, the Excel 2016. (They are working on trying to get 2010/2013/2016 in sync.)

In my build of Office Professional Plus 2016 x64, the option is there when I right click any step in a query. I am in a couple of preview programs though, so it may be due to that. I'm currently running PowerQuery 2.27.4163.xxx, a number you can check by going to: Data --> New Query --> Query Options --> Diagnostics. If yours is older, you may be able to update by going to File --> Account and checking for Office updates. (I'm on Excel 16.0.6366.2062 First Release.)

No matter what, it WILL show up. It just may take a bit is all.

Hope that helps,

Hey Happy,

This may just be that you're running an older update of Excel 2016. The features are currently getting delivered to Power BI Desktop first, Excel 2010/2013 second, the Excel 2016. (They are working on trying to get 2010/2013/2016 in sync.)

In my build of Office Professional Plus 2016 x64, the option is there when I right click any step in a query. I am in a couple of preview programs though, so it may be due to that. I'm currently running PowerQuery 2.27.4163.xxx, a number you can check by going to: Data --> New Query --> Query Options --> Diagnostics. If yours is older, you may be able to update by going to File --> Account and checking for Office updates. (I'm on Excel 16.0.6366.2062 First Release.)

No matter what, it WILL show up. It just may take a bit is all.

Hope that helps,

Thank you so much Ken Puls. I will checkout the detailed version numbers etc. and will do the necessary updates.

I am a newbie in PP and PQ. And you have no idea, how grateful I feel to you when I read your blog posts. You have done just Amazing Work Man. Extremely Good blog post - all of them.

Wish you very best in your life and career.

With my best regards.

Back