Filter and Search Button

lonniepoet

Reaction score
I have am working on a log to catalog reshipments of orders. I was hoping to create a search bar that you could enter a value from the spreadsheet and it would only show you the rows of the items searched for. The most important values are the SKU#, Date Entered, Acct# BGCS Chain, & Store#. I tried using the method from a website found through Google (The Spreadsheet Guru Blog - Filtering-Search-Box), but I couldn’t get it to work correctly and it seemed a little convoluted. I know that this could easily be filtered and/or search through doing CTRL+F, but I am going to have a couple coworkers using this form and I wanted to make it simpler. I attached a copy of the spreadsheet I am working with and I am hoping to solve this issue before I have hundreds of reshipments before the New Year. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2016 test_NAT Reship Log.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 24
a pivot table is what you need - in the attached, play with the filters on each of the fields, re-arrange the fields, show hide subtotals/grand totals, move the pivot table to another sheet etc. etc.

Attachments

• Excelguru5222 2016 test_NAT Reship Log.xlsx
    18.9 KB · Views: 22
I apologize for the cross posts. I had no idea all the forums were linked like that. I like the pivot table, but I was really hoping for a box I could type a SKU# into and hit a search button and automatically have the spreadsheet only show that SKU#. I understand that I could do a simple sort/filter, but I would like the spreadsheet to have this option instead. I was toying around with some of the codes and buttons from one of the other cross posts, but I just can’t get the darn thing to work. See attached and any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2016 test_Reship Log.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 29
In the attached, on sheet1, cell B1 there's a drop down which when you click shows a list of items to choose from, but at the very top is a search box where you can start typing your SKU number and the list will diminish - you can then use the down/up arrows (if you want) then press Enter.
It's just a bog standard pivot table. No code/vba/macros.

Attachments

• Excelguru5222 2016 test_NAT Reship Log.xlsx
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back