Headaches from multiple sheets

Huggyd

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is even possible but I have been trying for the last 2 days to make something work.

I have a workbook with 4 sheets all setup the same way and sheet number 4 is a compare sheet. so this is who it works in a nut shell.
Sheet 1 - Walmart
Sheet 2 - Target
Sheet 3 - Kmart
Sheet 4 - Compare

Cells
A1 - has the name of the store (Walmart)

A3 - Name of Product E3 - Cost K3 - Winning Sheet (only on compare page)

I have list a number of items from each store, all the same item, I have there corresponding prices list not on Sheet 4 the goal is to show me the store with the cheapest item and based on that show me what Sheet it came from by displaying what in A1 (name of store) in my K3 column
So far I am getting the lowest price by =MIN(Sheet1:Sheet3!E4) but can't connect that with the sheet it came from???

Any ideas?

I'll make a little edit.

My compare sheet need to show the lowest price and on what sheet that number came from.
The lowest price comes from =MIN(Sheet1:Sheet3!E4) But not sure how to display were it got that price from.

I know clear as mud.

Hi Huggyd,

I would suggest a clear list similar to below, easily joining the product price to the supplier using vlookup from our individual Sheets.

A1WalmartTargetKmartCheapest
Product1$1$3$2Walmart
Product2$2$1$3Target
Product3$3$2$1Kmart
Product4$1$2$3Walmart

In he 'Cheapest an Product1 cell put in the function =IF(MIN(B7:D7,1=B7),$B$6,IF(MIN(B7:D7,1=C7),$C$6,IF(MIN(B7:D7,1=D7),$D$6)))

Use Vlookup again to suit in Sheet4 from this list as required to get what you are after.

Hi Huggd,

Maybe create a separate list from your sheets data like below using vlookup to populate price per product.

A1WalmartTargetKmartCheapest
Product1$1$3$2Walmart
Product2$2$1$3Target
Product3$3$2$1Kmart
Product4$1$2$3Walmart

In Cheapest/Product1 cell put n he below function
=IF(MIN(B2:D2,1=B2),$B$1,IF(MIN(B2:D2,1=C2),$C$1,IF(MIN(B2:D2,1=D2),$D$1)))

and repeat down, Vlookup then in Sheet4 Cheapest supplier of product you want.

=if(min(b2:d2,1=b2),$b$1,if(min(b2:d2,1=c2),$c$1,if(min(b2:d2,1=d2),$d$1)))

Back