Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: A message to forum cross posters

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Noted!!
    Thanx

This is awesome, but I have some issues to point out:

1 - There is no annoying about cross-posting SINCE the author stick to the ethical value of to SAY it (like, "Hey, i'm looking on another foruns too... here the links: link1, link2, link3... " AND BROADCAST the solution in ALL of the posts in ALL foruns.

2 - Have you already wonder that following this principle EVERYONE in EVERY forum will have contact with the solution, and as follows, will have more input to the their acknowledgment.

I think this principle is far way better. Otherwise, someone can be handcuffed in one forum fearing to 'cross-post' on another one (and yeahh! the answer could be there, in this other one! =P)

Regards,

Articles
    Excel Version
    Thank you. Will abide.

Thanks, I will abide to the rules...sorry for my initial mistake. I didn't read the rules but now I know. Thanks

Great, thanks for letting me know

Someone directed me here because I port the same question to different platforms.

There are several forums Separate and Independent from each other, and their readers are not completely same.
    Why I cannot post the same question into different platforms freely?
    I STILL cannot understand this point well.

For example, in real life,
    If I want to ask something to my friends, I will ask to many of my friends, and after that, if someone knows the answer he/she tells me.
    Here we are doing the same. Asking in several platforms, Because READER of all forums are NOT the SAME !
    If we somebody knows the answer he/she will answer. That's very understandable I guess.

(But posting the same question in THE SAME FORUM under different titles is cross-posting. I AGREE. Because it is sending same question to the same reader group again and again. And it is wasting time of people. I AGREE THIS)

IF you have enough patience to listen some opposite ideas,
    I must say that I cannot agree your "Cross-Post" definition :

1)
    I DON'T AGREE that I should not post my question in different platforms/forums of Internet freely.
    You can only own your platform and everybody can be responsible from their own area only.

Nobody is the owner of whole internet world.
    It is a FREE platform, and I can ask my question to many different people in the world as much as I ca and I want.

It is my FREEDOM to ask to many people.
    It is people's FREEDOM to answer or not to answer.

Nobody is owner of internet.
    And asking to many people is not a bad thing.

2)
    Additionally I DON'T AGREE your reason as well,
    You wrote here ".........If you post on several boards, you have several groups of people working on the same issue....." & "......seriously evaluate what you've done........"

Sorry but this is not realistic explanation;
    1- I am not requesting from anybody TO WORK FOR ME. Come on! This is just a forum page.
    I just want their simple hint in case they know the answer.

2- Nobody will work for me for hour or hours -unless if I don't pay and buy a service for this purpose-
    3- Forums are only simple sharing places -as you may know better than me- . It is not right to exaggerate it.

3)
    Somebody tells that "I waste people's time if I post the same question in different forums".

But what is the logic of this?
    They are different forums, different platforms..right?
    Their readers are not always same..right?
    Then what is the problem here..?

If we want ONLY ONE FORUM on internet,
    If we want NO QUESTION REPEAT on Internet,

THEN I SUGGEST TO ALL FORUM OWNERS WHO IS TALKING ABOUT CROSS-POST:

- COME TOGETHER UNDER ONE DOMAIN or ONE FORUM
    Why did you make many different platforms for Excel forums?
    Can you tell me this?
    It is wasting our time also to search many different forums !

OR if you cannot do that, AT LEAST,

- Combine USER LOGIN INFOs (So we can login to all forums with only ONE REGISTRATION)
    - And I suggest you "Mirror All Threats of other forums in your forums"

Can you do these above?

I guess NO.

If you are not doing these,
    then please don't try to take our FREEDOM from us for asking our questions to people as much as we can.

If subject is WASTING TIME;
    Every forum is using our (visitors') time;
    - By SEPARATE registration process
    - By SEPARATE confirmation for registration approval
    - By SEPARATE login process

After we give this time to each separate forum,
    Sorry but I think we have rights to ask our question to the READERs of THAT FORUM !

This is my opinion.

Although I don't agree your definition about cross-post , I respect to your opinion.
    I hope you can do the same, and think once more about my suggestions above, before immediately reacting as gross-posting".

Articles
    Excel Version

A message to forum posters

Quote Originally Posted by damlays View Post
    There are several forums Separate and Independent from each other, and their readers are not completely same.
    Why I cannot post the same question into different platforms freely?
    I STILL cannot understand this point well.
    It is quite simple to understand if you post on 4 forums, you have 4 responders, they have given basically the same answer you have wasted 3 responders time because if they had seen the first posters answer then then they wouldn't have thought about written and posted their answers.

For example, in real life,
    If I want to ask something to my friends, I will ask to many of my friends, and after that, if someone knows the answer he/she tells me.
    and then when they find out you have asked the same question and got the same answer they say "didn't you believe me when I said it?" or another might say "I spend 3 hours looking up that answer when you already knew it what a waste of my time"

(But posting the same question in THE SAME FORUM under different titles is cross-posting. I AGREE. Because it is sending same question to the same reader group again and again. And it is wasting time of people. I AGREE THIS)
    Actually it isn't "cross-posting", it is posting a "duplicate thread". If you actually read the forum rules in the forums you are posting in you would know this.[/quote]

I DON'T AGREE that I should not post my question in different platforms/forums of Internet freely.
    You can only own your platform and everybody can be responsible from their own area only.
    As you state they own (and pay for) their forum/platform and so they decide their rules, if you don't like or agree with their rules don't post there... find a site that you can agree with their rules and then everyone is happy.

I am not requesting from anybody TO WORK FOR ME. Come on! This is just a forum page.
    I just want their simple hint in case they know the answer.
    Nobody will work for me for hour or hours -unless if I don't pay and buy a service for this purpose.
    Forums are only simple sharing places -as you may know better than me- . It is not right to [/COLOR]exaggerate it..
    They aren't exaggerating it, people spend their time working out an answer, some times short times but other times many hours trying to help people and they are giving their time freely. You should respect this and at the very least try not to waste their time.

Somebody tells that "I waste people's time if I post the same question in different forums".

But what is the logic of this?
    They are different forums, different platforms..right?
    Their readers are not always same..right?
    Yes, THAT IS the issue. Again....
    It is quite simple to understand if you post on 4 forums, you have 4 responders, they have given basically the same answer you have wasted 3 responders time because if they had seen the first posters answer then then they wouldn't have thought about written and posted their answers.

Why did you make many different platforms for Excel forums?
    Can you tell me this?
    As you stated they are different forums probably started because they either didn't like the rules or moderation.
    [QUOTE=damlays;20383]

It is wasting our time also to search many different forums !
    Of course it doesn't you are free to not search them and not ask questions

If you are not doing these, then please don't try to take our FREEDOM from us for asking our questions to people as much as we can.
    What nonsense nobody is trying to take your FREEDOM from you but you need to show respect as well.

If subject is WASTING TIME;
    Every forum is using our (visitors') time;
    - By SEPARATE registration process
    - By SEPARATE confirmation for registration approval
    - By SEPARATE login process
    Again no-one has forced you to go on the forums you have chosen to go on multiple forums and do all the above.

After we give this time to each separate forum,
    Sorry but I think we have rights to ask our question to the READERs of THAT FORUM !

This is my opinion.

Although I don't agree your definition about cross-post , I respect to your opinion.
    I hope you can do the same, and think once more about my suggestions above, before immediately reacting as gross-posting".
    Yep, read them all, disagree with most but they are your opinion but at the end of the day it boils down to all Forums have their rules (as they are entitled to have as their owners pay for them).
    If you don't like or agree with the rules then don't post there and find a forum where you can agree with their rules then everybody is happy.

Just to be clear most forums if you read their rules allow cross-posting as long as you provide a link to the other threads.
    The only reasons I can think for not providing a link is a lack of respect for the people trying to help you or laziness.

Thank you for letting me know.

Thumbs UP!

Thumbs Up damlays...

Someone directed me here because I port the same question to different platforms.

There are several forums <snip>
    Last edited by p45cal; 2016-01-17 at 04:32 PM.

How do I cancel any question on this forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast