Thread: Building a workbood between data entry and data output - for a medical care project

Articles

Building a workbood between data entry and data output - for a medical care project

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I'm quite new to Excel.

I'm a General Medical Doctor trying to set up a system to tackle patients' multiple conditions during their birthday month each year rather than pulling them in multiple times each year.

I can pull patients off our system who, say, have Diabetes, or who have had a satisfactory blood pressure recording in the past 3 months - and then I wish to combine such information so as to be able to recall the right patients for the right tests, etc.

I've built a manual Excel book (it should be visible here) to give the idea of what I'm thinking of, but need some help sorting the formulae to transition between sheets.

Could someone have a look at my workbook and give me some starters?

The first sheets (to the Left) are data in,
    the final ones (to the right) are my proposed data out.

If someone's interested in this project and has questions - I'd be very glad to correspond.

With many thanks
    Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2010 64bit
    I have no solution for you, but I suspect thing will be much easier to manage and manipulate if you get rid of the multiple data entry sheets in favor of only having one, what you are calling Combined Data Entry, but with an easier to work with layout, like you have for Sheet2. This would at least facilitate simple filtering which I also suspect will be the basis for almost everything.

Articles

Thanks for ideas so far...

Could you suggest how I might derive Sheet2 from my "combined Data Entry" sheet?
    That seems to me to be a key step - combining data from several rows and deriving 1's or 0's in separate columns.
    Sheets 3, 4 and 5 derive quite easily with formulae that I can work on.
    The other step that I am baffled by is from Sheet5 to sheet6. i.e. removing rows on the basis of either 1 or 0 value in defined column.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NoS View Post
    I have no solution for you, but I suspect thing will be much easier to manage and manipulate if you get rid of the multiple data entry sheets in favor of only having one, what you are calling Combined Data Entry, but with an easier to work with layout, like you have for Sheet2. This would at least facilitate simple filtering which I also suspect will be the basis for almost everything.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2010 64bit
    Please don't quote entire posts, it's not necessary.

In the attached file I've added a new sheet "All Data Entry" with header row only.
    Built a macro to re-assemble/align your "Combined Data Entry" to this new sheet.

Press Alt+F8 to bring up the Macro dialogue and run the only macro there.

For sheets 5 and 6, think you might want to look into data filtering.

Good luck with your project.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Hello Conjurer.
    That macro is really cleaver! Thanks.
    You have introduced me into a new world!
    I'll have a look at filters for my next steps.
    Yours
    Nick H