Thread: Need a formula in the column “to be filled” in column “C”.

Need a formula in the column “to be filled” in column “C”.

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello,

I have attached an excel worksheet for which i need some help in creating a formula.

Following are requirements.

1) If Cell A3 is same as Cell A2 and column E is empty, Cell C2 should reflect "-"
    2) If Cell A3 is not same as Cell A2 and column E is empty, Cell C2 should reflect VOR
    3) If Cell A3 is same as Cell A2 and column E is empty, Cell C3 should return VOR
    4) If Cell A4 is same as Cell A3 and column E is with a VO number in it, Cell C4 should return VO

Can anyone try to help me please.

Thank you,
    Sanjeev.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Hello
    Please can you clarify your points 1-4, as your referring to rows 2 and 3 which are column headers. I tried the obvious by adding two to each row, but then your second data line returns "VOR" and not "-" as your example ?

i.e. 3. If cell A5 is the same as A4 and Column E(5?) is empty, Cell C5 should return "VOR".
    Its also worth pointing out that as you have specified it, you may need more that one formula, as the conditions in 1) and 3) are the same, but the returned value is different. This is achievable of course, but not using a single (transportable) formula.