Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Article: M is for (Data) Monkey

Articles

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi Ken.

I am writing from Azerbaijan and most of the sites do not deliver hard copy to my country. Thus, I want to buy book's pdf version. But when I click the link above to purchase the link does nothing but showing little window. I click on "continue shopping" but it does nothing.

Can you help me.

Thank you in advance.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Excel 2016
    Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the book! I work with Ken here at Excelguru and will take a look into how we can set up a PDF purchase for you. I will email you directly with the details.

Cheers, Rebekah

Articles
    Excel Version
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Puls View Post
    Hey there,

So we tested the book credentials and they do still work. I'm wondering if maybe you tried to use a capital "o" in the password instead of a 0 (zero)? (Miguel has had a couple of calls with that exact issue.)

Let me know,
    Hi Ken, I'm having the same issue as alazyworkaholic where I cannot connect using the credentials in chapter 8.

"Unable to connect
    We encountered an error while trying to connect
    Details: "Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)""

Is there some setting I need to change?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Excel Version
    Excel Office 365 Insider
    Hi Russ, this is more than likely a firewall issue on your side. Can you try from another location (maybe from home) and see if it persists?
    Ken Puls, FCPA, FCMA, MS MVP

Learn to Master Your Data at the Power Query Academy (the world's most comprehensive online Power Query training), with my book M is for Data Monkey, or our new Power Query Recipe cards!

Main Site: http://www.excelguru.ca -||- Blog: http://www.excelguru.ca/blog -||- Forums: http://www.excelguru.ca/forums
    Check out the Excelguru Facebook Fan Page -||- Follow Me on Twitter

If you've been given VBA code (a macro) for your solution, but don't know where to put it, CLICK HERE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3