Nested IF with VLOOKUP - best solution?

ShirlF

Reaction score
Hi All.

I was wondering if somebody would be able to help me please?

I have a sales order book to analyse on a weekly basis to get a snapshot of where we are with goods movements. I am only interested in the sales order number and changing value. So far I have used the following formula to identify which sales order number remain from the previous week with the same value: =IF(AND(E5=B5)*AND(A5=D5),"true"). This worked fine to identify where the differences immediately. Then I wrote this formula to get the values =IF(AND(A6=D6),VLOOKUP(A6,A6:B638,2,FALSE),IF(AND(A6=D6),VLOOKUP(D6,D6:E593,2,FALSE))) but the problem I have is that the sales orders are also there with matching values but not in the same rows? What I am hoping to gain from this data is to quickly see orders that are the same, new orders added, orders not shipped brought forward and any value changes due to amendments, I.E cancellations. Any help would be very much appreciated and I am able to provide the file of data if necessary. Kind regards, Shirley.

Hi Pecoflyer.

Thankyou for kindly coming back to me. I have attached the file for your review. If you look at the 'recon' sheet, this is where I have pulled out the data to compare weeks and track movements. I am eager to learn new formulas and scenario's in Excel as I want to start building some KPI and flash reports. Any help that you can give me would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks, Shirley.

Attachments

• Orderbook Movement 2.10.15.xls
    366.5 KB · Views: 8
Back