linked sheets losing Vlookup when filtering

faodavid

Reaction score
Hi
On the attached document I have discovered a problem which I don't understand with vlookups providing wrong info when I filter, and wondered if someone can help.

On the tab 'Show Entry' if I click on the date in column B it hyperlinks to the correct show tab WHEN I have the show entry tab filtered by CODE order which is correct some examples

On Show Entry b10 hyperlinks to Tab 11.4 H17 Barrow - Band 1 play at The Forum Standing in cells B4 and J4
On Show Entry b16 hyperlinks to Tab 11.4.15 curved air - Band 2 play at Waterside Standing in cells B4 and J4
On Show Entry b9 hyperlinks to Tab 10.4 H17 wakefield - Band 3 play at Warehouse 23 Standing in cells B4 and J4

However
On Show Entry Tab if I filter by date Oldest to newest the vlookups seem to give the wrong info when picking the same shows ie
Select the showdate for Band 1 which is now b16 this hyperlinks correctly to the right tab but in B4 and J4 it shows #N/A
Select the showdate for Band 2 which is now b16 this hyperlinks correctly to the right tab but in B4 and J4 it shows The Fourm standing as venue configuration which is incorrect
Select the showdate for Band 3 which is now b15 this hyperlinks correctly to the right tab but in B4 and J4 it shows #N/A

Is there a solution whereby whether I filter by date or by show date (oldest to newest) then I can achieve the correct results on both

The Vlookup calc seems to be correct - its driving me mad please help

Thanks in advance
Dave

Attachments

• SAMPLE FOR FORUM.xlsx
    188.7 KB · Views: 14
Hello
I think your problem with the VLOOKUP is because you haven't got enough parameters. Try adding ,FALSE after the column number to fix that. I couldn't test for other problems because of your password protection blocking any changes.

I looked at this a bit further, and I found that all the #N/As I checked could be traced back to the same problem with the VLOOKUP, so I suggest that you add the FALSE parameter to all of these and see if this resolves everything.

Back