Dropdown menu linked to hidden sheets

Kostas_S

Reaction score
Hello there,

I would like to know, if possible, what the correct procedure and method is in order to perform the following tasks:

1) For a dropdown menu (of approx 40 listed variables) to contain some sort of "link" to a corresponding hidden sheet.
2) The aforementioned "link" to be activated upon selection from the dropdown list (possibly with a macro-enabled button).
3) The hidden sheet to automatically be selected and appear as the "current" sheet.
4) Upon selection of another variable, the procedure to be reversed (previous selection is hidden) and "new" selection in unhidden/selected/visible as the current sheet.

Thanks very much in advance and look forward to hearing from anyone on here!
Kostas

Kostas_S, this is a cross post (you have posted the same query elsewhere (at least 2 other sites with responses)) without including links to where you have done so.
Please have a careful read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184 to understand why this important, then make the necessary additions of links to all sites/threads.
Ultimately, Kostas_S, it will be to your benefit.

To others, I would prefer if people considering responding to this thread would delay doing so until Kostas_S has complied.

Reply to p45cal

Dear p45cal,

I have read really carefully the article you advised me to and I understand the reason you told me to do so,

But in this article it says pretty clear that "
If you don't get a satisfactory answer in a reasonable amount of time (days, not hours), then:

• Post in another applicable forum with your issue (1 or 2 other forums, not 20!)."
and since you devoted some time to google my thread request it surprises me that you didn't check the answers below, because either they don't exist or they're just not helpful, which is they reason I took the right to post the same thread to other excel forums trying to find an answer to my request.

If you are still wondering why I posted it in more forums than the article says, remember that some people ask for help in this kind of forums, help for their job! And cannot be waiting 2-3 weeks for an answer.

I hope that now, my answer can give you the right to reply with a useful message.

Kostas.

I have read really carefully the article you advised me to and I understand the reason you told me to do so,

But in this article it says pretty clear that "
If you don't get a satisfactory answer in a reasonable amount of time (days, not hours), then:

• Post in another applicable forum with your issue (1 or 2 other forums, not 20!)."

You need to go back and carefully read the next paragraph too, as it indicates what the real issue is.

I hope that now, my answer can give you the right to reply with a useful message.
Kostas, you underlined a couple of things in your message to draw my attention to them; I did the same in my earlier message.
The problem is not cross posting, it's cross posting without supplying links. I asked you to supply them, that's all.
If you do not understand/agree then it will be better to continue this discussion via the Private Messaging system at this site.

Back