Streaming charts:

Hi Ken,

I stumbled upon this forum post after some random googling. The script you wrote to help rm2010 is (almost) exactly what I'm looking for as well. However - I was wondering if you would know how to adjust it so that the graph is only updated when there is a change in the price that is feeded into excel? Also - in a perfect world - would it be possible to make the script only generate a new row when the price is updated?

Would really appreciate if you could shed some light on these issue I have.

All the best,
anton

Hi Cao,

Try this file. It uses a random number right now, so it's always changing, but if you pointed that to a stock feed, then I beleive that this should only add the data to the table/chart when the prices changes.

PS, Eric Henderson, if you are still following this thread, I apologize for not responding. I was away from the forum for a while and missed your replies. If you still need help, let me know.

Attachments

• xlgf482-2.xlsm
    30.3 KB · Views: 73
works like a charm!

Hi Cao,

Try this file. It uses a random number right now, so it's always changing, but if you pointed that to a stock feed, then I beleive that this should only add the data to the table/chart when the prices changes.

PS, Eric Henderson, if you are still following this thread, I apologize for not responding. I was away from the forum for a while and missed your replies. If you still need help, let me know.

Exactly what I was looking for!

After ~10 hours of experimenting myself I can't express how thankful I am. VERY much appreciated.

kind regards
cao

further development

Hi again Ken,

Been using your solution for a while now and all good! However i got a bit of an follow-up question.

If I wanted to track more securities in this same fashion - obviously I would need to fine tune the macro to create additional "lists" holding the new data, as well as new charts corresponding to each list.

I've been trying to mess around with your macro to duplicate the functions in it with the new data source - as well as just plainly copying the entire module to run two parallell macros, but have not gotten it to work.

If you have time to explain - what approach would you have gone for?

thanks again, all the best

carl-anton olofsson

For this, I had been using this and it's great.
It has instructions which can help you.
MarketXLS works for me well for this.
Just visit the site for more info.
They also have a live support and a forum to help you with your questions/concerns.

Stock Charts in Excel

I had been using MarketXLS. It really works for me.

Back