Thread: Disclosure of the figures that are inside a formula

Disclosure of the figures that are inside a formula

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi! I have the following question for you. Trust you could help me.

I attached an Excel file with the example.

1. There are two sheets (Sheet1 and Sheet2).

2. Sheet1 has the disclosure of the values and Sheet2 has the calculations.

3. I would like to know if there is a code for doing the following:
    • In Sheet2, cell C3, the formula is: =+Sheet1!C3+Sheet1!C4+Sheet1!C5.
    • I want, when selecting cell C3 in Sheet2, go back to the source and highlight the values that are listed in the formula. I mean, go to Sheet1 and highlight Cells C3, C4 and C5.

Maybe this is not possible but I had to try.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    gubertu, this is a cross post (you have posted the same query elsewhere) without including links to where you have done so.
    Please have a careful read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184 to understand why this important, then make the necessary additions of links to all sites/threads.
    Ultimately, gubertu, it will be to your benefit.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-q...e-formula.html

If you follow Michael M's advice at MrExcel about Trace Precedents, when precedents are on another sheet you get a dashed arrow with a small icon of a spreadsheet. If you double click the dashed arrow (not the icon) the Go To dialogue box pops up with a list of ranges and you can double-click one of the entries to get taken to that range.

Is that enough?

It's an interesting problem, because although Ctrl + [ will take you to the cell's precedents if they're on the same sheet, it will only take you to one cell, or perhaps one of the ranges in the formula with no indication of where the others might be (I think this is the same as double-clicking on the small spreadsheet icon).

You're not the first to ask this and if I get time I'll see if I can look into getting it to do what you want but bear in mind it can get complicated if a cell has precedents on multiple sheets - and what happens if the cell's formula refers to a closed workbook?

Back to the cross-posting business, do take it seriously (I for one don't respond again to repeat offenders, well, ones who have been made aware of the problem at least). Really you should also include links to here at MrExcel - they have the same rules.

p45cal thanks for your answer and help. I won´t happen again.

My doubt is solved now