Has anyone tried this Add-In program "FormulaDesk" for Excel 2013
I tried to install but I'm not successful
I started the program as an administrator

I have installed Excel 2007 and Excel 2013 on Windows 7 32-bit
Also, I am re-enable Framework 3.5.1

This is error
"This application could not be started"

Does anyone have experience

Hi Navic. Click the 'Contact' link on the FormulaDesk website to send an email to FormulaDesk creator Gareth Hayter. (He's a friend of mine)

Thank you, I've contacted

Hi Ivan

You submitted a query via our support website on 3 August 2015, which I replied to immediately. It's possible that it landed in your spam folder.

I'm sorry that you had a problem installing FormulaDesk. Here is what I wrote in the original reply email on 3 August 2015:

Hi Ivan

Thank-you for reporting this problem. It seems that the problem is because FormulaDesk requires version 4.0 of the Microsoft .Net Framework, and you have an older version.

Please download version 4.0 of the .Net Framework from here (this forum won't allow me to post a link, so please remove the spaces from this URL): www . microsoft . com / en-us / download / details.aspx ?id=17851

Of course, the installer is supposed to check that you have the correct version installed, and open the download page if you don’t, so there is obviously a problem with the installer which I’ll investigate.

Please let me know if installing the 4.0 version of the .Net Framework then re-installing FormulaDesk fixes the problem for you.

Kind regards,
Gareth Hayter.
Slyce Software

It's possible that it landed in your spam folder.
Hi Gareth
Thanks for the update. I do not know why I have not received your e-mail. I have some settings on my e-mail program to Outlook automatically erases spam email.

I have installed .NET Framework 4.5.1 (see attach)

framework.png

What next?

Hi Ivan

Once you have installed the .NET Framework, then run the FormulaDesk installer again. You can download the latest version from the FormulaDesk website: www . formuladesk . com

When the installer runs, it should now install with no problem, but if there are errors or warnings please note what they are and report them back to me here.

Also, note that FormulaDesk requires Office 2010 or 2013.

Kind regards,
Gareth.

Also, note that FormulaDesk requires Office 2010 or 2013.
Hi Gareth
I have tried several options but not successful

I have done the following:
- I uninstalled all .NET Framework with "cleanup_tool_for_NET Framework"
- I restarted PC
- I downloaded the latest version 4.6 with Microsoft web
- I downloaded the latest version FormulaDesk
- I installed the .NET Framework 4.6
- I started installation FormulaDesk as Administrator and again not successful

Here are the steps that I did

formuladesk1.png

formuladesk2.png

formuladesk3.png

I turned OFF the .NET Framework 3.5.1 in "Windows Features" dialog box

As you can see, I have Excel 2007 and Excel 2013. If Excel 2007 is the problem then I give up. Excel 2007 is faster than Excel 2013, and for now I would not want to uninstall it.
My regards

Hi Ivan

Thank-you for the extra information, and especially the screenshots. I've created a new version for you to test.

Please try to install it and let me know if you succeed.

If you still have the same problem, please try to disable your antivirus - to test whether this is the problem.

The new version is here (remove spaces in the URL): www . formuladesk . com / downloads / FormulaDeskForIvan . exe

Kind regards,
Gareth.

please try to disable your antivirus - to test whether this is the problem.
Hi Gareth
I have successfully installed FormulaDesk (standard version), when I was temporarily turned OFF my AVG-2015
So, I did not use this version you created exclusively for me.

conclusion: the problem was the antivirus program AVG (as I did not think of it earlier)

Thank you very much for your help and your time
I tried some of the items, and everything works for now. FormulaDesk Excel add-in is very useful for me
my respect

Hi Ivan

Thanks for letting me know, and I'm very glad that you were able to get FormulaDesk up and running. Enjoy!

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or ideas about how I can make FormulaDesk even better.

Kind regards,
Gareth.

lease let me know if you have any other suggestions or ideas about how I can make FormulaDesk even better.
Hi Gareth
No problem, if I do I have to say, I will send you e-mail
Thank you for your time, my respect and accolades for program
This topic can be close

Back