Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: View Code Option is Disabled while using MultiPage Control in Excel Sheet

Articles

View Code Option is Disabled while using MultiPage Control in Excel Sheet

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi All,

I’m in serious confusion why the controls are not working in the multipage which is inserted in excel sheet. After clicking design mode, I have righted clicked and able to get the option to edit the multipage details. However, none of the controls like check box, command button, radio button have the “View Code” option enabled. I can able to change the text on them but not able to right the code like how I use to right it in forms.

For Example, in forms I have button named “Submit” which will take have the code like msgbox ”Form Submitted”. When I click the submit button after running the form, ideally a message box will get displayed with the text “Form Submitted”. I’m unable to perform the same task in the multipage control which I inserted in excel sheet.

And the reason behind not using it in form is that, when you run the form you will NOT be able to copy the content from excel sheet. My inputs into the multi page is more likely to be 5 to 10 lines (output message) and I need the contents from other excel to paste in multi page text boxes. This is the reason I choose to insert the multi page in spreadsheet rather than going by forms.

Could someone please help on this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Dheepak

Articles
    Excel Version
    Dheepak, this is a cross post (you have posted the same query elsewhere) without including links to where you have done so.
    Please have a careful read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184 to understand why this important, then make the necessary additions of links to all sites/threads.
    Ultimately, Dheepak, it will be to your benefit.

To others, I would prefer if people considering responding to this thread would delay doing so until Dheepak has complied.

Articles
    yes, I have posted the same in two different forum but didn't get the solution. Hence, I have posted the same query in this forum to look for more help to solve the issue. Appreciated if someone could help on this.!

I have hyper-linked the post link below.

Regards,
    Dheepak

Articles
    Unable to give the link since my post count is less than 5.

Articles
    I Will update the link in my next post.

Articles
    I have posted in this forum as I didn't get right solution.

Articles
    Links: First One, Second One

Regards,
    Dheepak

Articles
    Excel Version
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheepak View Post
    Unable to give the link since my post count is less than 5.
    LOL you had to post 5 times!

However, none of the controls like check box, command button, radio button have the “View Code” option enabled. I can able to change the text on them but not able to right the code like how I use to right it in forms.
    You're sure that you're adding ActiveX controls to the sheet and NOT Form controls? When a Form control is right-clicked you will get an option to Assign Macro…, a sure sign it's not AxtiveX.
    I don't think there is a Multipage Control that is not ActiveX so I'd guess you added it by clicking the small hammer and spanner… icon ('More Controls') and added a Microsoft Forms 2.0 Multipage or something very similar; this is an ActiveX control. There will still be different properties available with an embedded activeX control versus the same control on a userform.

ideally a message box will get displayed with the text “Form Submitted”. I’m unable to perform the same task in the multipage control which I inserted in excel sheet.
    Perhaps attach a simple file with a userform as you have it working, and a sheet where it's not. This will save us having to guess what you have and getting it wrong.

And the reason behind not using it in form is that, when you run the form you will NOT be able to copy the content from excel sheet.
    You can copy things from the sheet onto a UserForm if the UserForm is modeless; you can do this in 2 ways. (a) by changing the ShowModal property of the UserForm to False or (b) use code when showing the form:
    UserForm1.Show 0
    instead of just:
    UserForm1.Show
    You need to be aware that with a modeless userform the vba code won't stop while the form is showing, unlike a modal one.

On another matter, you should, strictly, update the threads elsewhere that you have cross posted here.

Articles
    Yeahhhh!!!. I have inserted the Multi page from More Control Options and sure its an ActiveX Control.

Thank you so much as the last one was working. I can able to copy the content from Excel once I initiated the form. I will make sure to update the original thered links if I have posted in other forum. However, I would like to know some options to perform the same in the multipage which is inserted in spreadsheet. I have attached the image which shows the disable of the option. Hope that helps.

Thank you and awaiting for possibility to overcome this error.

Regards,
    Dheepak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	3780  

Articles
    Excel Version
    Could you attach the file you've got a screenshot of?
    I can't duplicate that at all.
    What version of Excel is this?

One thing I would point out though is that you're getting the option for Spacing, which implies you might have more than one object selected.
    I note that View Code in the ribbon seems not to be greyed-out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast