Info about the e-Mail notifications from this forum

maninweb

Reaction score
Website
excel-translator.de
Excel Version(s)
2010, 2016, 2016 Insider
Dear admins...

nothing dramatic, just for information. I just got an E-Mail notification for the last thread I answered here (yesterday). The notification included the question and my answer. As until now nobody else answered and I did not encounter this behaviour before (only when someone answered, a notification was sent), I thought to inform you and ask is perhaps something is wrong.

Thanks & Best Regards :)

Bizarre... thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an eye on this one. If anyone else sees this behvaiour, please post on this thread.

Thanks!

Hi...

just a few minutes ago (10:00 CET), I got two mails for this current thread and for the thread PDF Creator generates corrupt file. As answers to both threads have been posted after my answer and I am also subscribed to those threads, it's correct to inform me per mail. However, it seems that the CronJob sending the Mails "waits" some days before doing the job (?) and includes also my own answers (like in this thread); just a thought. Both mails included the full thread. @Ken: I can send you this mails, if you like.

Best Regards :)

Hi, firstly if you subscribe to a THREAD you will get a notification of any reply, however if you do not visit the thread upon this notification you will not recieve another until you do so, if you subscribe to a forum then a digest is sent either daily, weekly or monthly depending on settings, its quite possible that the digest was sent at the same time as the thread notification because the time for the timed delivery just happened to be up then :)

You can subscribe to a thread or forum like this with these options:
threadsub.jpg

Whether its thread or forum description it's done the same way :), you answers are included in the post as a quote so that you can follow what the response in the email is for.

Hope that helps.

Okay, that starts to make some sense.

I was monitoring all my replies, and they seemed to be coming through instantly. Figured the next step was to look in the profiles, to see if there was anything there.

Maninweb, can you check your subscriptions to see if this is the source of the issue?

Hi all...

oups, perhaps the problem was the man sitting in front of the computer :redface:

I have checked the settings and seen that the notification was set to "Weekly, using e-mail". I can not remember to have explicitely changed this setting, but I had changed other settings some time ago and perhaps I changed the notification settings with the scrolling wheel and did oversee it.

Thanks for the help and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards :)

Back