Using And, if, or, ISNA statements

henrock24

Reaction score
Hello

I've made a formula to see if an account was added, stayed the same or has been deleted. In this case I started with a tab of only October 2014 Account, made another one for just September 2014 and another one for November 2014. Currently, I am only able to make a formula to tell me "Which accounts in this October 2015 tabs were from September and which were added since September". I want to incorporate in the below formula, which accounts from October 2015 are not in November 2014 as "Accounts Deleted" (I've already made a formula for the October accounts that are not in Nov). COuld someone please help me!?

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G2,SEP2005 $G$2:$G$132648,1,FALSE)),"Account Added Since Sept","Sept Accounts")

I've added a file for your view. In the October 2015 tab columns "AO" mentions the "Account Added Since Sept" or "Sept Accounts". I wanted to incorporate Accounts in November not in October as "Deleted Accounts". The accounts info is on Column "G" in the November 2005 tab.

Thanks,

Hendrix

Attachments

• Example.xlsx
    16.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm a little confused by this. Surely accounts that are in Oct 2015 but not Nov 2014 are new accounts, and not deleted ones?
Also, a formula can only return one result, so if you want to answer several questions, you would need a separate formula for each.
Im sure there is a good reason, but why can't you store the period in which the account is added and deleted ?
If I'm looking at Oct 2005, how do I identify an account that was deleted during that period? If it simply isn't there, then you can't
establish the deletion without cross-checking all the records for Sep 2005.

Back