Thread: Using And, if, or, ISNA statements

Using And, if, or, ISNA statements

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello

I've made a formula to see if an account was added, stayed the same or has been deleted. In this case I started with a tab of only October 2014 Account, made another one for just September 2014 and another one for November 2014. Currently, I am only able to make a formula to tell me "Which accounts in this October 2015 tabs were from September and which were added since September". I want to incorporate in the below formula, which accounts from October 2015 are not in November 2014 as "Accounts Deleted" (I've already made a formula for the October accounts that are not in Nov). COuld someone please help me!?

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G2,SEP2005 $G$2:$G$132648,1,FALSE)),"Account Added Since Sept","Sept Accounts")

I've added a file for your view. In the October 2015 tab columns "AO" mentions the "Account Added Since Sept" or "Sept Accounts". I wanted to incorporate Accounts in November not in October as "Deleted Accounts". The accounts info is on Column "G" in the November 2005 tab.

Thanks,

Hendrix
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    I'm a little confused by this. Surely accounts that are in Oct 2015 but not Nov 2014 are new accounts, and not deleted ones?
    Also, a formula can only return one result, so if you want to answer several questions, you would need a separate formula for each.
    Im sure there is a good reason, but why can't you store the period in which the account is added and deleted ?
    If I'm looking at Oct 2005, how do I identify an account that was deleted during that period? If it simply isn't there, then you can't
    establish the deletion without cross-checking all the records for Sep 2005.