How add a drop down calendar in a cell?

Amorous

Reaction score
jj.jpgI looked all over the internet and I’m trying to get it to where you clock in a particular cell a calendar will appear to select a date. Does anyone have the VBA code? I tried one solution where you go into the Developer tab and use the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control. Some reason after I get it all set up it doesn’t look clean at all. Check out the image.

Hey there,

Personally, I avoid the Date and Time picker control like the plague. I've found it works well on some machines, and not at all on others. (And yes, the correct ocx files are installed on all.) I got really tired of fighting with it.

Bluecactus made a fantastic calendar picker based on a VBA userform. I've used that as a default for years now, and never had an issue with it. If you're interested, you can download a copy from the VBAExpres knowledgebase here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=791 (You may need to sign up for an account first.) The example file is at the bottom of the page, and contains full documentation on how to implement and use it.

Alternative to calendar control

Here a link to a code that I wrote to avoid using Calendar control which did not work in my Window 7 environment.

Attachments

• PickDateForm.xls
    132.5 KB · Views: 3,242
Error Message?

Here a link to a code that I wrote to avoid using Calendar control which did not work in my Window 7 environment.
I get a message telling me 'Type Mismatch'. What am i doing or not doing right? As my user name would suggest i am a rookie at VBA and the more complex sides of excel so i will be gratful for any help i get!

PickDateForm.xls, an alternative to Control Calendar

There is a latest version of PickDateForm.xls, an alternative to Control Calendar (Pick Date Form). Google it!

Back