Appropriate function for logistics problem

Cippo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am creating a simulation model in excel and I need to find a solution for the given problem:

I have 4 columns A, B, C, D, where column A and B represent the days as an interval, column C shows inventory status and D shows the order of parts. When production starts, my inventory is declining and from some point it is becoming smaller than safety stock, so , I need to order new parts. Arrival of the new parts takes 30 days to reach. I need to write a function stating that if the inventory status is smaller than safety stock, new parts should arrive considering the 30 days of transport time. The problem here is, since i'm running a simulation, I should use random data, therefore, my inventory changes after refreshing the sheet. Each time I refresh the sheet, for the given interval of days the inventory changes differently, and as a result, I cant write a function for whole column.

Looking forward for your suggestions.
Qara

I am creating a simulation model in excel and I need to find a solution for the given problem:.........Looking forward for your suggestions.
Your example Workbook as a result should look like, it would be a great help.
Try to use a Conditional formatting and formula.
Code:
=IF(A1-TODAY()<=30,1,"")

Back