Formula to extract rows from worksheet

kcalhoun

Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet that is updated constantly. Each time it is updated, I need to put a copy out for the employees that does not have any gaps in it. I have attached the spreadsheet. I'm looking for a formula that would only give me Rows 14-18, 20, 22-23, 25, 32-35, 37-41, 43-49, etc. Of course these rows will be different all the time. Just trying to show you the rows I need so you can see the pattern.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks,
Kim

Attachments

• Guru Excel.xlsx
    17.8 KB · Views: 23
Perhaps something like this? Using array formula.........

Attachments

• Copy of Guru Excel.xlsx
    24.8 KB · Views: 22
Risky - thanks! Still need a little assistance. I'm trying to put the extracted files on a 2nd sheet. I adapted your formula to look like this...

=IFERROR(INDEX(Section!A$2:Section!A$69,SMALL(IF((Section!$C$2:Section!$C$69<>"")*(Section!$I$2:Section!$I$69<>""),ROW(Section!A$2:Section!A$69)-ROW(Section!A$2)+1),ROWS(Section!$A$1))),"")

Section is the first worksheet and Extract is the second worksheet that I am placing this formula in. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks

Here the step:
1. select on M2 on Sheet Section and press F2 button, you'll see the formula inside cell, after that jysr select the formula and copy, you can just press CTRL-S
2.Go to the second sheet, select A2, and paste the formula or just press CTRL+V
3. Press F2 button again, and you need to be sure press all together CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER button, ENTER alone don't work
4. Final is copied down and cross as necessary

Hope this helps

Back