Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copy Tables to various tabs and Export to Powerpoint

Copy Tables to various tabs and Export to Powerpoint

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

I need a macro that can extract tables from the attached spreadsheet (Worksheet name is Trial_Sheet and sheet name is “sample”) and create multiple tabs with Tab names as the first element of the table and copy the individual tables to separate worksheets as shown in the attached workbook. The first elements from the tables are Table1, Table2, Table3 and Table4.

Please note that in the actual spreadsheet the amount of table are not known. It could be up to 50 tables arranged in no particular order except spaces between the table (I think CurrentRegion should work but not sure) Is this possible?

Once this has been achieved can it export the contents of the various tabs except the “sample” tab to a PowerPoint?
    Thank you so much for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    A short code that works with your sample file (delete all your Tablen sheets first):
    Code:
    Sub blah()
    For Each are In Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Areas
      With Sheets.Add(after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count))
        are.Copy .Range("B2")
        .Name = are.Cells(1, 1).Value
      End With
    Next are
    End Sub
    but this requires that there are no formulae in the tables at all.

A more inclusive technique looks for formulae and constant values in the cells (and won't crash if the sheet is empty):
    Code:
    Sub blah2()
    Dim FormulaAreas As Range, myAreas As Range

On Error Resume Next
    Set myAreas = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23)
    Set FormulaAreas = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23)
    On Error GoTo 0

If myAreas Is Nothing Then
      If Not FormulaAreas Is Nothing Then Set myAreas = FormulaAreas
    Else
      If Not FormulaAreas Is Nothing Then Set myAreas = Union(myAreas, FormulaAreas)
    End If

If Not myAreas Is Nothing Then
      For Each are In myAreas.Areas
          are.Copy .Range("B2")
          .Name = are.Cells(1, 1).Value
        End With
      Next are
    End If
    End Sub
    Both codes work on the active sheet so make sure that the Sample sheet is the active one when running.
    Neither of them check that the top left cell of each table contains a valid sheet name.
    Both codes rely on the fact that the original tables are surrounded by blank cells or the edge of the sheet (like the CurrentRegion you suggest).

I haven't addressed the PowerPoint bit yet; would it be OK if you could get the separate tables into PowerPoint without adding new sheets?
    Do you want to link the tables in PowerPoint to the excel ranges (tables) or import the data into PowerPoint without a link, embed a spreadsheet object? Perhaps a picture?
    Your question wasn't too specific about those points.
    Last edited by p45cal; 2015-06-27 at 01:16 PM.

Articles
    Excel Version
    or

Code:
    Sub M_snb()
        For Each ar In Sheets("sample").Cells.SpecialCells(2).Areas
           Sheets.Add(, Sheets(Sheets.Count)).Cells(1).Resize(ar.Rows.Count, ar.Columns.Count) = ar.Value
        Next
    End Sub

What if I have spaces in the table..

Thanks guys what if there are spaces in the table as shown in the attached sheet. How can I modify the code to take care of the spaces for me? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

If possible I will like to have a separate code that can get the separate tables into PowerPoint without adding new sheets. Thanks a lot guys!
    Last edited by chi05; 2015-06-27 at 03:29 PM.

Articles
    Excel Version
    try:
    Code:
    Sub blah3()
    Dim myArea As Range
    For Each are In Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Areas
      If myArea Is Nothing Then Set myArea = are.CurrentRegion Else Set myArea = Union(myArea, are.CurrentRegion)
    Next are
    For Each are In myArea.Areas
        are.Copy .Range("B2")
        .Name = are.Cells(1).Value
      End With
    Next are
    End Sub

Articles
    Excel Version
    Quote Originally Posted by chi05 View Post
    If possible I will like to have a separate code that can get the separate tables into PowerPoint without adding new sheets. Thanks a lot guys!
    again: Do you want to link the tables in PowerPoint to the excel ranges (tables) or import the data into PowerPoint without a link, embed a spreadsheet object? Perhaps a picture?
    Your question wasn't too specific about those points.

Articles
    Excel Version
    Oh groan… you've been cross posting, yuk.
    http://www.excelforum.com/excel-prog...owerpoint.html
    chi05/vnzerem, please have a read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184, it's for your own benefit.

Thanks p45cal for the help I want to embed a spreadsheet object in Powerpoint, i hope that helps to explain it.

p45cal....I posted on this forum because I couldn't get help on the powerpoint section. I forgot to post the link of my previous forum and I am sorry about that. Also I joined this forum because my work computer security features could not open the excelforum.com due to maleware associated with the website. So for me to post on excelforum I have to wait till I get back home to use my personal computer otherwise I could not access it from work. I hope that explains it. Thanks for the help. I was told to ask someone for help on the PowerPoint section on how to embed a spreadsheet object to Powerpoint. But if it is easier to link the tables in PowerPoint to excel ranges I will prefer that method also.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast