Thread: Challenging question

Challenging question

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hellllllo,

I have what I think to be a difficult task. Attached is the excel file that is set up the desired way, however, if it requires slight amendments all is well.

Excel sheets attached contains, raw data sheet (for data entry), summary for reports, and named ranges to run the drop down menus

Main objective:

- Count number of times a criteria is entered in RAW data based on city, month and year and generate on summary report that can be easily searchable for users.

Requirements:

- As data is inputted in the RAW DATA sheet, which is controlled by drop downs, another sheet (Summary) needs to count how many times that piece of information is inputted by month and year

- There could be multiple inputs per city

- The summary report utilizes three drop down menus, city, range and type. Type is conditioned based on range to allow the user to narrow in on the desired information.

- Needs to be efficient and now require excel to process for too long on the calculations

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE BEYOND APPRECIATIVE AS I AM GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Excel 2010 with free PowerPivot and Power Query Add-In.
    Compatible with Office 2013 Pro Plus.
    No formulas, no VBA code.
    No Defined Names.
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/9xw227.../06_20_15.xlsx