Extract Info from control and text fields

oharag

Reaction score
Hello. I am a rookie when it comes to VBA and Excel. I'm working on an Excel SS that requires an operator to select something from a control box (i.e. Model Number), and then enter additional information via a Text Box (i.e. Serial Number). I want to write a VBA code for a button that extracts both the Model Number (control box) and Serial Number (Text Box) and save it to a specific location.

I found an example of extracting cell location information and saving this to a file. My requirements are different. Can anyone help me?

So:

extract info from control box and text box, place "-" between values, place into file name, save as macro enabled file format, and browse to save location.

There is somhing wrong with this website. Typing is slow and delayed, and I can not paste info!

Jerry

Really - No one? 50+ views?

I'm almost there - thoug somthing is missing.

Hello. I am a rookie when it comes to VBA and Excel. I'm working on an Excel SS that requires an operator to select something from a control box (i.e. Model Number), and then enter additional information via a Text Box (i.e. Serial Number). I want to write a VBA code for a button that extracts both the Model Number (control box) and Serial Number (Text Box) and save it to a specific location.

I found an example of extracting cell location information and saving this to a file. My requirements are different. Can anyone help me?

So:

extract info from control box and text box, place "

Back