Splitting Data from one Table into Multiple Tables

bonescoster

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have been searching for a couple days now to see if anyone has asked this question but I could not find the answer. I was able to get code that will split the data in one worksheet and move it into separate (already existing) worksheets. However what I am trying to do now is to have a table of data split into other tables based on a column value. For Example: if column A = SLC then move it to the table named "SLC".

This is the code that I have used to move the information from a worksheet to multiple worksheets based on column A. Could anyone help me tweek this to work or provide different code that will work? S
Code:
ub Sort()
'
' Sort Macro

Dim sh As Worksheet, ws As Worksheet, lr As Long, lc As Long, rng As Range, c As Range
Set sh = Sheets("Detail Data")
lr = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp).Row
lc = sh.Cells.Find("*", , xlFormulas, xlPart, xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column
sh.Range("A1:A" & lr).AdvancedFilter xlFilterCopy, , sh.Range("A" & lr + 2), True
Set rng = sh.Range("A" & lr + 3, sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
    For Each c In rng
        Set ws = Sheet(c.Value)
        sh.Range("A1", sh.Cells(lr, lc)).AutoFilter 3, c.Value
        sh.Range("A2", sh.Cells(lr, lc)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy ws.Range("A4")
    Next
sh.AutoFilterMode = False
sh.Range("A" & lr + 2, sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)).Delete
End Sub
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Excel 2010 with free Power Query Add-In.
Compatible with Office 2013 Pro Plus.
No formulas, no VBA macro, no Reference Designators.
With dynamic Tables, not named ranges.
I'm sorry, I wont be able to use your suggestion. My work does not allow installing any add on packages or software on our machines. Any other ideas?

Same Issue

Hey
I am working on something very similar.. were you able to find a macro?

bonescoster ,this is a cross post (you have posted the same query elsewhere) without including links to where you have done so.

Please have a careful read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184 to understand why this important, then make the necessary additions of links to all sites/threads.
Ultimately, bonescoster, it will be to your benefit.

To others, I would prefer if people considering responding to this thread would delay doing so until bonescoster has complied.

Back