Thread: A column with text and numbers and a formula, converting all values to numbers

A column with text and numbers and a formula, converting all values to numbers

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hi

I really need some help on this, I have been trying for ages to get a solution.
    I have attached the excel sheet to demonstrate my problem.

To explain, I have a column which has a vlookup formula within to find a cost related to a job number on a separate sheet.
    The result/ value from the formula comes as a number but the iferror part of the formula puts forward a 0 which is in a text format instead of a number.

I have cleared format of the column, that hasnít worked.
    I have done text to column but that just shows the formula instead of the result.

The reason why I need a 0/ value to show in blank cells in the column is because I am using the data in the spreadsheet to create a pivot table with data modelling/ power pivot and it wonít sum data in a column if there is there is a blank space or a text value in the column.

Really need your help guys.

A really big thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
    Adnan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Articles
    Excel Version
    Hi,
    In your formula just type 0 without "", like this: =IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[JOB_NUMBER]];Payments!A:F;2;FALSE);0)
    Or use the VALUE function like this: =VALUE(IFERROR(VLOOKUP([@[JOB_NUMBER]];Payments!A:F;2;FALSE);"0"))
    Good luck