Thread: Adding a calculator button to individual cells in Excel 2010

Adding a calculator button to individual cells in Excel 2010

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'd consider myself to be a bit of a novice when it comes to using Excel generally (although I'm getting better!) I've been looking for an answer to my problem for some time now without success, which might be partly because I may not be framing my search queries well. I'm hoping that someone on this forum will be able to help since I can explain my issue more fully here.

I've created a budget in Excel 2010. Now I would like to add a button to some cells in the spreadsheet which would pop-up a small calculator when clicked. This would let me quickly make additions or subtractions to the number in that cell. From my research, I suspect that this may involve an ActiveX control but this is where I get in over my head. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks!

Some pictures to help clarify

Here are a couple of pictures to help clarify what I mean. The first one shows that the button appears when selecting a cell which contains numeric data.

The second image shows the calculator which pops up when the button is clicked.

I hope that this helps clarify.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell button calc.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	3409  
    Attached Images Attached Images