Excel 2010 OLAP Cube Extensions

DurrantBun

Reaction score
Hi,

I am working with OLAP cubes in Excel 2010. I'm new to this so please forgive me if I'm not entirely clear in what I'm asking, I just don't really know all of the right terminology!

I'm trying to build reports based on invoice data in the cube, the problem I'm having is that where I want to see invoice date I have two options to choose from. For certain invoice types the field I want is "Transaction Date" and for others I want "Document Date" what I have had to do as a workaround to get the correct date is to put a formula alongside to say =IF([Document Date]="",[Transaction Date],[Document Date]). I wanted to try and do this inside the pivot table, as obviously the pivot table will grow and I don't want the end user to have to remember to fill the formula down to the bottom of the pivot table. Another problem is that because I am limited to the number of fields I can add to the report (after I put so many in I get a memory allocation failure), this is wasting space having to put two separate date fields in.

I got this extension which lets me add my own custom measures to the pivot table and have been able to do simple calculations based on values only, but I have no idea if it's even possible to do what I want here, let alone how to go about doing it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Soph

Back