"IF" Formulas

Janamellis

Reaction score
I work for a company where our estimator uses the "IF" formula for bidding jobs. I am just learning about this formula and would like to know more about it. How do we make a template workbook that has "IF" formulas that we can use as a master for future bids? The "IF" formula would have to go from sheet to sheet within the workbook.

That really is a nonsensical question. YOu give no details, and ask a generic question about a function. What you actually want to do may or may not be solved by IF (more likely IF and some other(s)), but first you have to work out what you want to do in business terms, and they learn enough about formulas to understand which to deploy where, and how.

I work for a company where our estimator uses the "IF" formula for bidding jobs. I am just learning about this formula and would like to know more about it. How do we make a template workbook that has "IF" formulas that we can use as a master for future bids? The "IF" formula would have to go from sheet to sheet within the workbook.

If you feel that learning more about the IF function will help you, why not start by ask your estimator to explain how/why he uses it ?

Back