Need help with the consolidations of multiple workbooks

ANKUR

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't have much experience with macros so I would really appreciate if you could help me with my project.

Please observe the attachment.

First three tabs are some monthly reports.

Fourth tab is the sum of all three months.

I need a macro to consolidate a report as shown in Q4 2014.

It should copy column A, B, C and add the rest of the columns from the first 3 sheets as shown in the example.

Attachments

• AN 2014 Q4_original.xls
    227.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi ANKUR

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Your issue would be rather simple if all Months in the Quarter had the SAME Clients...but they don't. I'd assume this is because you've added Clients in November that you didn't have in October. Is my assumption correct?

If yes the issue becomes a bit more complex...but doable.

So, is my assumption correct?

Hi ANKUR

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Your issue would be rather simple if all Months in the Quarter had the SAME Clients...but they don't. I'd assume this is because you've added Clients in November that you didn't have in October. Is my assumption correct?

If yes the issue becomes a bit more complex...but doable.

So, is my assumption correct?

Hello Jaslake,

Thank you for getting in touch with me. Yes your assumption is correct. In the first month there are only 230 clients and in the other 2 months there are 234. So the number of clients might vary from month to month. This is a repetitive task that I have to do also for other reports and that's why I thought a macro would simplify a lot my work. So basically in the final report in column A, B and C I need all the data from the first 3 sheets to be consolidated and in the rest of the columns the SUM of the 3 sheets. For example in the final report in cell D3 there is calculated the price which that specific client paid according to the first 3 monthly reports. It might be a bit difficult because I might not have all the time the same clients in the same position saved in the first 3 monthly reports since the number of them might vary.

I hope you can help me sort this out.

Thank you!
Ankur

Hi Ankur

Before I spend any more time on this I need clarification.

Is HYPERION (Column A) of each Worksheet a Unique Client Number?

The reason I ask is because:
  • In the Sheet for October, on Line 227, HYPERION 2930 is assigned to Client225
  • In the Sheet for November, on Line 229, HYPERION 2930 is assigned to Client227
  • In the Sheet for December, on Line 229, HYPERION 2930 is assigned to Client227
  • In the Sheet for Q4 2014, on Line 229, HYPERION 2930 is assigned to Client227

I assume this is a misprint and that they should all be the same Client Name...True???

Back