Formula matching help

-dust

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not an excel expert, so please excse my ignorance. I have two, side-by-side columns of information; a number and a time like this
--------(A)---------(B)
1----142.25 15:59:58P

I am wanting it to find the lowest an highest number in the number column, which I am using the followng codes in different cells
=MAX(A:A) - to show me the number - and/or "MIN" insted
=ADDRESS(MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0),1) - to show me the cell - and/or "MIN" instead

Since this does give me the number, I could automate to send that number to a different cell. If the number in cell C1 is “26” I can just have another cell set to “=C1” to have it just readout the same number. The problem is that I need the corresponding “time” next to it.

So, the formula will find the number, but is there a way I can automatically find the value of the cell to it’s right and automate that?Example

---A---------B

1--123----15:45:38

2---176----15:45:39

3--204----15:45:40

Since CELL A3 is the highest number, I would need it to feed the number “204” and the corresponding time “15:45:40” (which is in the cell to the right of it” automatically to two other cells. So that, somewhere else on the page, it matches up.

------C----------D

1--204----15:45:40
===automatically matching the above.

I’m having to sift through A LOT of information, and I am just trying to automate the process as much as possible.

Last edited:
Sorry for all of the hyphens, I was trying to align the numbers to look like MS excel would, as my spaces were automatically deleted.

You don't really need the address of the MAX value.

To find the corresponding time just use = INDEX(B1:B10,match(C1,A1:A10,0))

Adapt the ranges as required

Back