Thread: Creating a Summary from a sheet when data is set a critera

Creating a Summary from a sheet when data is set a critera

Register for a FREE account, and/
    or Log in to avoid these ads!

ok so the title may not make sense.

basically i want be able to show all items in the list that are pending wthvalueof sale and name of contract in a separate sheet.

i have attached workbook

Many Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why don't you approach it the other way? Put all of the data onto one sheet, and then just filter by Status and/or Month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Phillips View Post
    Why don't you approach it the other way? Put all of the data onto one sheet, and then just filter by Status and/or Month.
    I have been asked display this way, usually I am able o work my magic, but I am stumped by this one. If not I would do that!

Whenever I see workbooks split by week or month or year over separate sheets, I always feel that it is wrongly designed. Put it all together, and it is simple to filter, pivot, or even create a custom view from. Separate just means hard work to summarise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Phillips View Post
    Whenever I see workbooks split by week or month or year over separate sheets, I always feel that it is wrongly designed. Put it all together, and it is simple to filter, pivot, or even create a custom view from. Separate just means hard work to summarise.
    I don't disagree, but I have been asked to display this way, initially they wanted a day by day log, I had to argue to get them to do it monthly.

Thank you f your input

Anyone else have any ideas. ??