Power query from ODBC error:" Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

Arnoux

Reaction score
Good day. I am quite new to using power query and VBA. I am trying to pull a query from our ODBC connections. Some of our queries result in the error " Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow" . Is there something wrong with my SQL statement or is the fault at my ODBC connection. Can someone please explain to me why this error occurs, and how to rectify this. Thank you in advance

Power Query and VBA? I wasn't aware that PQ was exposed to VBA.

Power Query and VBA? I wasn't aware that PQ was exposed to VBA.

Sorry Meant whatever language you need to use in the SQL statement. Everytime I want to pull data into a query from our servers it gives the error "DataSource.Error: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow". What is the reason for this error, and how do I get past this bump.

Last edited:
What are you connecting to in your data source?

Im connecting to a MySQL database with an ODBC 3.51 connection.

I know nothing about MySQL I am afraid, but I know that Power Query has MySQL as an option in the database list, have you tried that rather than via the ODBC option (it might well be the same, but worth trying).

I know nothing about MySQL I am afraid, but I know that Power Query has MySQL as an option in the database list, have you tried that rather than via the ODBC option (it might well be the same, but worth trying).
Thanks Bob. I have tried that. Doesn't want to work with our server because it is ODBC.

Back